Jewish holidays calendar
Every year, Jewish Community of Moldova celebrates all the holidays of the Jewish calendar:
- Pesach – With the complete support and arrangement of the JCM, it is celebrated every year in the big halls of the capital, where are gathering from 400 to 600 people to celebrate it. Thanks to the sponsorship of Jewish businessmen, many of the poor members of the community have the opportunity to share the joy and fun, which accompanies the event held annually in the Moldovan capital. The event program usually includes performances of folk artists of Moldova, Honored Artist of Moldova and young talents. Representatives of state and municipal governments, diplomatic missions, representatives of all the ethnic groups living in Moldova and many others are coming to congratulate Jews of Moldova with their national holiday.
- Lag Ba Omer, Sukkot - are celebrated in nature. In a joyful and lively atmosphere members of the Jewish community can enjoy their traditional holiday treats, sing Jewish songs with guitar, socialize in the fresh air and enjoy the sunshine.
- Rosh Hashanah - Annually, for the Jewish New year all the community members have an opportunity to enjoy a concert and participate in the big celebration.
- Hanukkah - in 2013, for the first time in 3 years, the Jewish community of Moldova had an opportunity to publicly celebrate the holiday of Hanukkah. The festival was held in the former Chisinau Choral Synagogue.
- Purim - Chisinau festival pageants "Purim-Spill" and masquerade for the Youth Community. Community members are coming from the entire territory of the Republic of Moldova, teams represent their version of the history of this wonderful holiday. The winning team has an opportunity to participate at the international festival "Purim-Spill" in Vitebsk. Thanks to the sponsorship of the Jewish community of Moldova team had an opportunity to participate in the festival held in Vitebsk 2010, where the team won the first prize.
Concerts and recitals
The Jewish community of Moldova annually takes part in various concerts and creative evenings. For example:
- Klezmer concerts of Israel band BESSARABIA KLEZMERS at the National Philharmonic named after S. Lunkevich.
- Concerts dedicated to March 8th
- Tribute concert to celebrate the 100th anniversary of D. Gershfeld birth
- Memorial concert on E. Bogdanov 90th anniversary
- A concert for the 75th anniversary of Sergo Bengelsdorf
- Concert dedicated to the 20th anniversary of of the radio program "YIDDISH LEBN" on-air
- An evening in memory S Shoihet.
- JCM participated in the organization of events dedicated to the 100th birth anniversary of the Bessarabian Yiddish writer Ihil Shraibman.
- A memorial evening for Jewish writers - members of the Jewish Anti-Fascist Committee (JAC), executed on August 12th, 1952 at Lubyanka.
- Recital of I. Huberman "Handbook for unemployed" held in Chisinau;
- Concert "From Israel with love" with the participation of Israeli pop stars under the auspices of the Ministry of Diaspora of Israel.
Publication of books and CDs
- Publication of the book of Rabbi Yehuda Leib Tsirel'son
- Publication of the book about Lazari Dubinovsky
- Participation in the release of the K. Moskowitz disk “Anthology of Jewish music performed by the Moldovan flute“
The Jewish community of Moldova provided financial assistance in the publication of several biographical books and books about Holocaust in Moldova.
Other cultural events
- Under the auspices of JCЬ all Jewish organizations of the capital annually participate in the ethno-cultural festival held in mun. Chisinau.